Rail Transportation Challenges
Rail logistics is a challenging and time-consuming component to the Energy Business. With current business processes, any increase in the volume of railcars (in or out) will mean an incremental uptick in manual processes, further straining current resources, generating more errors, and absorbing valuable time.
- Frequent schedule changes
- Large amounts of information to be managed
- Manual keying of information
- Minor errors on Bills of Lading (BOLs)
- Challenges and delays matching information
- Use of fax or insecure email to transmit key data
- Delays sharing BOLs with counterparties
- High effort managing and maintaining BOL records
Wheelhouse – VantEdge’s Solution
Our answer to the commonly experienced industry concerns above is the Wheelhouse scheduling platform, which:
- Create and share schedules in real time
- Generate, send, and store digital BOL’s
- Contains all relevant information for accounting & invoicing, contract management, risk mitigation, etc.
- Generates a customized database for each company in a contract chain.
- Supports EDI transmissions to the railroads for billing purposes. EDI capabilities are easily expanded into diversions, customs and many more uses.